Red Deer County, AB
Custom Cabinet makers / Custom Wood Worker are responsible for the production of all custom cabinetry, as well as for the wood preparation of custom parts and pieces. The custom carpenter / Custom Cabinet Maker department is responsible for all Westridge custom orders. Custom orders may include custom cabinets, dovetail drawers, veneer interior cabinets, solid wood veneer parts, pieces, and mouldings (e.g. bar brackets), custom details (e.g. wine racks and pillars), solid wood edging, and custom frames. Custom Cabinet makers / Customer Carpenter are essential in that they create and prepare a variety of items which make Westridge cabinets some of the best.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for Custom Wood Worker / Custom Cabinet Maker
- To ensure that all materials are available for custom pieces within orders.
- To prepare the parts, pieces, and mouldings needed for cabinet and laminate installation.
- To create all the custom cabinetry for each order.
- Must be trained specifically to build or prepare custom cabinets and other related items.
- Ensure that the custom department meets its production requirements along with the rest of the factory so that orders are not delayed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Journeyman Cabinet maker Trade Certification, or 3rd-4th Period Apprentice, with at least one year experience in custom work.
- Those without Cabinet Maker qualifications may apply if they have a number of years of related custom Cabinet Making or Carpenter/Wood Working experience.
- Must have experience making cabinets
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with Custom Cabinet Making
- You take pride in your work.
- Custom Cabinet makers will be exposed to a factory environment, which may include extreme heat, dust, loud machine/equipment noise, toxic chemicals, and odours or fumes.
- Physical requirements for this position may include [heavy] lifting, standing for long periods of time, reaching, and repetitive motion.
- Cabinetmakers may be exposed to dangerous machinery. Must take proper care and attention to ensure working conditions are safe at all times.
- Overtime may be required in order to meet production goals.
- Fast paced environment; subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
Custom Cabinet Maker Compensation for Registered Apprentices/Journeymen:
3rd Year: $16.50/hour (75% of Journeyman Rate)
4th Year: $18.70/hour (85% of Journeyman Rate)
Custom Wood Worker Compensation: To be negotiated, up to $22.00/hour, commensurate on skills and experience
We will consider those without certification who possess many years of proven custom carpentry / Customer Cabinet Making experience. Rate for those without certification will be commensurate on experience and ability.