Red Deer, AB
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
We are looking for a Quality Control Assistant in our Assembly Department. There are two vacancies – one evening shift (4PM to 1AM) and one day shift (7AM to 4PM). Candidates must be able to work either shift.
The QC Assistant will be responsible for checking the quality of completed cabinets, looking for defects, shape, excess glue, and other quality concerns.
Responsibilities for Quality Control Assistant:
- Inspect product in a safe, timely and orderly manner that meets production needs.
- Touch up products where required
- Abide to the quality standards and specifications as laid out by the Production Supervisor
- Create and follow up on the Non-Conformance Report (NCR).
- Reporting non-conformant reports to the Production Supervisor, and Team Lead
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The successful candidate may be trained in other areas of Quality Control.
Expectations of the Quality Control Assistant:
- Employee should be reliable and be able to work independently with high level of attention to detail .
- Hands on training will be provided.
- Be an excellent team player and must be flexible to an ever-changing environment.
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team.
- Preference will go to those with cabinet experience.
- Preference will be given to those with previous experience working in Quality.
- Previous experience in lacquer repair is considered a valuable asset
- Heavy Lifting (50 lbs+) required.