Red Deer County, AB
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
The Production Supervisors are responsible for managing, coordinating, and scheduling the activities of employees. The Production Supervisors are also responsible for resolving problems and recommending work measures to improve productivity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Orient, assign, train, coach, and evaluate employees.
- Responsible for manufacturing product using safe practices through the supervision of production team members.
- Manage line efficiencies, key performance indicators, and down time.
- Monitor the production process, make periodic checks and adjusts equipment or work practices according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in working order and in safe condition at all times.
- Must adhere to the schedule and to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Ensure product quality.
- Work on shop floor supervising and working hands-on.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Must have a minimum of two years experience in a wood processing environment (preferably in cabinetry).
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for production lines with competing deadlines and asset.
- Assembly line experience will be necessary to success in this role.
- Ability to keep up with an exceptionally fast paced work environment.
- Exceptional Organizational Skills
- Committed to a team environment, have excellent organizational skills, and be experienced in planning, scheduling, and prioritizing daily tasks.
- Dependable and reliable. Ability to take ownership of the job and its responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and communications skills.
This position is part of the management team and will be exempt from overtime payments.