Red Deer, AB
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
Production Employees work throughout the factory in each department. The work provided by Production Employees is essential to the success of Westridge Cabinets and its production. Production Employees perform specific duties necessary for the completion of cabinets.
We’re seeking a number of individuals for possible future employment.
Rate of pay is $15-$16/hour, with a $1.50/hour shift premium for any evening shift worked.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Production Employees may work in any department within the factory. The departments with current vacancies include: Finishing. People within each department will be trained to perform specific duties which contribute to the process of cabinet making.
- The specific roles and responsibilities of each Production Employee will vary depending on tenure and previous experience. As each individual continues to learn, there is opportunity to grow within their department or within the Production line.
- Each department has production goals that need to be met daily. In an effort to meet these goals, the factory Supervisors and Lead Hands delegate duties to each staff member and monitor the production of the department. As a Production Employee it is your responsibility to maintain productivity so that production goals can be achieved.
Qualifications and attributes
- Experience with cabinets, woodworking, wood cabinet assembly, or home construction is an asset, but not necessary. Training will be provided.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation.
- Must know how to use a tape measure (inches)
- Attendance is key to success.
- Must be available for overtime.
Workers with varying skill sets may be considered for other positions or shifts within our factory.
Day shift is 7AM to 4PM, evening shift is 4PM to 1AM. Overtime such as early starts, or late finishes or Saturday work will be required on occasion to meet production goals.