Red Deer County, AB
Salary: $30.00 /hour
The Maintenance Millwright reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, assisting with execution of the maintenance schedule and ensuring the efficiency of work flow through the department by implementing, coordinating, and refining strategies for scheduled work requirements with Department Lead Hands. The Maintenance Millwright is also responsible for troubleshooting to ensure that all equipment remains operational.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all safety requirements and ensures these requirements are followed in each department.
- Assumes a leadership role in emergency situations and ensures that all department staff is aware of and trained in emergency procedures.
- Ensures that other workers are conducting themselves safely around machines while maintenance tasks are being performed.
- Seeks input from department employees for improved maintenance methods and procedures.
- Brings improvement ideas forward for discussion of merit and possible implementation.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of work as performed by other personnel reporting to them?
- Knows and understands the requirement of paperwork and flow through the department. Follows or ensures reporting procedures are followed.
- Assists in the coordination of the maintenance of equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Conducts investigations into and seeks solutions to eliminate equipment and product failure.
- Ensures through direct action or delegation, shift end checks for any equipment that should be disconnected and returned to its proper place when maintenance has been completed.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe working brings to the immediate attention of the Maintenance Supervisor any issues that are beyond his or her control.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Certified Journeyman Millwright with 3 to 5 years maintenance experience
- Previous experience Working with cabinet making machinery a definite asset
- Demonstrated track record of being Dependable and reliable.
- Demonstrated Ability to take ownership of the job and its responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds on a regular basis throughout the work day
- Demonstrated track record providing innovative solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Committed individual who will “stay till it is done”
- Maintenance Millwright will be exposed to a factory environment, which may include extreme heat, dust, loud machine/equipment noise, toxic chemicals, and odours or fumes.
- Physical requirements for this position may include [heavy] lifting, standing for long periods of time, reaching, and repetitive motion.
- Maintenance Millwright may be exposed to dangerous machinery. Must take proper care and attention to ensure working conditions are safe at all times.
- Fast paced environment; subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice.
- Wear safety glasses and CSA approved footwear at all times while on the factory floor.
- Te trained in the basic use of safety materials.
- Maintains current knowledge of proper procedures and requirements for reporting any injuries or other safety issues.
- Maintains current knowledge off all fire exits and procedures within the factory.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.