Red Deer, AB
Salary: $16.00 /hour
Westridge Cabinets was founded in 1983 and has grown since that time to be one of Western Canada’s largest cabinet manufacturing and service companies. The company now proudly has two branches in Calgary and Edmonton as well as the 125,000+ square foot manufacturing facility in Red Deer . Westridge Cabinets is recognized as a premier supplier of custom kitchen and bath cabinetry to the Alberta construction industry servicing both single family, multi-family and high rise facilities.
Our Delivery Assistants are a pivotal asset to Westridge’s commitment to excellent and timely delivery. The Assistants are responsible for loading and unloading cabinets into delivery vehicles as well as assisting the Driver’s with phone calls and/or paperwork on the way to customer’s sites. The driving team works to ensure an excellent experience for the customer as cabinets are moved from the manufacturing facility to the site.
Qualifications of Delivery Assistants Include:
- Candidates must be able and willing to lift heavy cabinets as they are loaded into the truck and unloaded at customer sites.
- Candidates with swamping experience will be given preference
- Demonstrated track record of reliability.
- Flexible with time scheduling and be available for overtime to meet customer needs.
- Physical requirements for this position include heavy lifting (100 lbs +) and many of these deliveries are into new home building construction sites which require manual handling of the cabinets into the home which do not always have completed walkways and driveways in place.
- Fast paced environment; subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
This position is a full time, Monday to Friday position with overtime (evenings and Saturday). This position is eligible for benefits after successful completion of the benefit waiting periods.