Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
The Project Site Coordinator is a site based, contractor reporting to the Vice President, US Projects . The scope of the role includes, but is not limited to, the co-ordination of day-to-day operations for each aspect of the projects execution that is necessary for Westridge to meet its contractual obligations to the client on-site within the framework set-out by the company. The primary responsibilities can be categorized within the operational parameters for: Ordering and Delivery, Installation, and Service. This is a pivotal and demanding role. They are the “eyes and ears” that provide the relevant information to the company to correctly frame their perspective on what decisions should be made to drive the management of the project effectively from end-to-end.
This role is based out of our Red Deer Corporate Office, however the candidate will be required to regularly travel to the USA . Specific travel schedules are TBD.
Responsibilities and Duties
Ordering and Delivery:
- monitor the site progress and coordinating for measure to verify the Shop Drawings and Schematic for the units in the tower – and recommending any changes if necessary per site conditions
- provide most current information to VP, US Projects for coordinating delivery bookings into delivery schedule
- book and re-book product deliveries to site, ensuring the delivery is coordinated with use of the skip elevator
- oversee the deliveries as they arrive on-site to ensure the delivery is complete, damages are addressed and product is transported to the correct units
- re-order parts as needed to complete the installation in a timely manner
- Maintain Westridge quality assurance standards for installation as outlined in our Technical Handbook
- Document and track quality concerns for both the client and Westridge
- Ensure all installers assigned to the job arrive for the job and make adjustments to work assignments as required. Provide feedback to Regional Manager regarding quality and quantity of workmanship and attendance of behavior of assigned workforce.
- Provide feedback and assistance to installers on install quality and directives
- Assist installers (if needed) to hit scheduled targets and deadlines
- Provide installation details, suite-by-suite and floor-by-floor to VP, US Projects
- Resolve on-site issues to maintain installation flow/progress as per schedule
- Order, cataloguing and coordination of installation for byte jobs
- Provide all service details to VP, US Projects for monitoring
- Ensure that the safety standards for the site and applicable State legislation are followed at all times
- Lead site meetings for the installation team once per week . Document communication and issues raised during the meeting for reference and follow up.
On Site Status Evaluation and Updates:
- monitor the progress of the site in its entirety to insure a “big picture” overview
- anticipate problems and provide solutions or seek solutions within the organization to stay on target and meet customer concerns
- Demonstrate detailed understanding where we are in the project life-cycle/critical path for project timelines and collaborating/communicating with other trades to keep the project on schedule as per client
- Attend and contribute to the weekly Trade Meetings on-site
- Provide insights, recommendations and feedback to the VP, US Projects to improve effectiveness of the current project and future projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate/postgraduate degree in civil engineering or building sciences is an asset.
- Experience in cabinetry is required.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty to jump into a tough situation and help out installers and service technicians to ensure on time completion is essential.
- Able to establish meaningful relationships with site superintendents, installers, end customers and Westridge sales and service personnel.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in MS Excel for preparation of reports.
- Experience in reading and coordinating construction drawings.
In respect of Visa restrictions and Travel considerations, preference will be given to candidates who are able to travel to the US freely without a Visa.