Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
The Design and Sales Associate is a sales person who is responsible for acquiring, maintaining and forecasting business and developing and maintaining relationships. S/he is the prime contact with the builder on policy matters and does whatever it takes to satisfy the customer.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and acquires business.
- Keeps the builder happy – visits major customers once a month.
- Makes site visit once during life of each job — maintains regular contact with key person for account.
- Is in contact with the builder to determine what work is upcoming – sets up a system whereby the builder agrees to give ample warning about upcoming work and then monitors the system to see that it is working.
- Conducts regular issue-resolution sessions with builder clients.
- Assists Westridge Service & Installation staff in resolving issues concerning delivery dates, site availability, and service work required.
- Participates in the management of the branch and undertakes special projects as required.
- Keeps tabs on competitor activities including any product or service changes they are making.
- Becomes involved in outside organizations, such as the local Home Builders Association or the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA).
- Post secondary education in interior design, or other design related field an asset
- Additional education in a business related field is considered an asset
- Experience with 20/20 Design Software
- Experience with a Kitchen and Cabinet building company, in a sales or design role is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and interested in preventing errors and solving problems.
- Must be computer literate and current on new technology.
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management skills. Able to perform multiple tasks efficiently.
- Proven experience in both a sales and management capacity.
- Design and Sales associates are eligible for a base salary plus commission.
- Upon building a strong foundation of customer accounts, the Design and Sales associate may be moved to earning straight commission.