The Administrative Assistant will be required to perform an array of administrative duties including secretarial and receptionist duties. The Administrative Assistant is also accountable for drafting, reviewing and editing time-sensitive correspondence sent by other departments. Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Provide administrative support to all departmental members.
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions.
- Interact with financial institutions with respect to making deposits and reconciling bank statements.
- Complete and review all expense reports, invoices, and other relevant monetary documents.
- Review and prepare all documents, reports and other correspondence materials for the management team.
- Courteously receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors.
- Coordinate departmental office activities.
- Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain daily appointments of all management and executive members.
- Take and transcribe dictation notes and meeting minutes.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Assist with report and presentation preparation.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
- Prepare travel arrangements with a keen attention to detail, where necessary.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- Business Administration degree or diploma preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, or relevant role, considered an asset.
- Ability to type 65+ words per minute.
- Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office 2016 and Visio.
This is a temporary position to cover a maternity leave, with a possibility of becoming permanent.